Shooting Ground Locations
We have four shooting grounds:
1: Westfield SG (GL54 3BX) near Cheltenham,
2: Weston Wood SG (OX25 3QE) near Oxford,
3: Windrush SG (GL53 3BY) near Bourton on the Water
4: Garlands (B79 9JR) near Tamworth in the Midlands.
For more information on facilities, directions and pictures of these grounds please select one of the grounds on the right hand side of this page.
We do not open for practice. We open on competition days only. New layouts each competition day, no practicing before or after. Pure, fair competitions to CPSA rules.
Gamebore News..... The White Gold Challenge and The Gamebore Gold Cup click HERE
Click here for a Full List.
Full fixtures are always listed on the CPSA website and in Pull! Magazine. If you are in any doubt as to the fixture, please call ahead before travelling on 07986 781312.
We now shoot at Garlands Shooting Ground once a month for a registered 100 birds sporting competition.
We set the shoot using our own traps, batteries and remotes. We do use Garlands clays as part of the contract we have to shoot there.
The shoot is not available to practice either before or after the event, to shoot on the day simply arrive between the hours of 10am and 2pm, book in with Allison at the entries desk then enjoy the shoot. Entry fee is £31 BO, £36 Comp. Colts £10 BO, 17yrs/18yrs £20 BO. Fibre or plastic wad cartridges.
The Gun shop will be open during entry times, cartridges, accessories and guns available to buy.....!!
Full catering is available - bacon butties, full english breakfasts, hot and cold drinks etc. Prepared and served from the Restaurant area upstairs overlooking the shooting ground.
Shoots at the ground are on:
1st Jan 2013
No shoot here in February but back from March once a month.
Full calendar of events being decided for 2013. Watch this space!!
Please click here to request full results and on the email please specify which shoot(s) you are requesting results for.
WE DO NOT POST RESULTS ON THE WEBSITE. BY EMAILING US YOU WILL BE ADDED TO OUR MAILING LIST AND WILL THEN AUTOMATICALLY RECEIVE ALL FIXTURE NEWS AND RESULTS IN THE FUTURE. IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE ADDED TO THE MAILING LIST PLEASE SAY SO.
YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IS STRICTLY FOR THE CLAY SHOOTING COMPANY USE ONLY. WE DO NOT SELL IT TO ANY MAILSHOT COMPANIES. IT IS KEPT CONFIDENTIAL. (we don't like receiving spam either!)
If you're going to do a job, do it right. All our clay pigeon shoots offer interesting, challenging targets that are achievable, realistic and exciting. Novices to Olympic standard shooters – something for everyone.
With arguably two of the best registered grounds in the UK today (Westfield in the Cotswolds near Cheltenham and Weston Wood near Oxford), providing quality targets, honest pay backs, excellent club house facilities and best value for money. We put the enjoyment of clay pigeon shooting first – averages second!
A course setter can beat the guns with distance, speed and edge on targets - a good course setter will use the terrain, height, topography, speed, angles, colours and clay facings to beat the guns. The Clay Shooting Company courses, all designed exclusively by Steve Lovatt will be different for every shoot because we dismantle them after each event. We don't do 'trap kicking' to set the targets!!
We've been to hard shoots, easy shoots, boring shoots and exciting shoots. Our perception of what makes a registered clay pigeon shoot worth its salt is this:
1. You find the ground easily and park without getting muddy.
2. The entry fee is realistic.
3. The Prize fund is big and bountiful because people know they stand a chance of winning some money so don't choose the Birds Only option (less than 20% of our entries are currently Birds Only).
4. Novices and new comers feel as welcome as old friends.
5. The food is good, hot and tasty but not overpriced.
6. Scorers know what to do and do it well.
7. When you see the targets on a stand you can't wait to get in and have a go.
8. If you miss you don't feel it was the course setter's fault.
9. When a target is missed the scorer can't be badgered into a hit.
10. You're not hoping to win your class by other people missing – you're going to win because the challenging and interesting layout you are shooting makes everyone think and read the targets – not just the novices.
11. Scores fall within their classifications with exceptional exceptions to the rule.
12. Everyone's name goes on the board whether they hand their card in or not and all prize money is declared once entries close.
13. When you leave you feel like you've had a good walk in a great setting where everyone was friendly, you've shot your best and are happy with that.
14. Full results including payouts are emailed to you on demand (or leave us your email address and we'll add you to our list).
Latest Championship News, New Fixtures, Exciting Offers and more - click here to keep updated with 'what's on' and where!